Teaching Assistant (Progress Assistant)
- Salary range - £19,554 - £21,166 (FTE)
- Location - Co-op Academy Priesthorpe, Pudsey, LS28 5SG
- Closing date - August 26, 2019
We’re looking for a Progress Assistant to join our team!
We’re seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed individual to support students learning across all key stages, as directed by the classroom teacher. You will support in the classroom, small intervention groups or on a 1:1 basis and act as keyworker for a small number of SEND students. Your experience, skills and knowledge will ensure that students receive specific support for their needs.
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe is situated in Pudsey and just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre with places for 1250 students. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting learning for children with Special Educational Needs aged 11-16. You will have the skills to manage pupil behaviour and be able to seek direction and support from the classroom teacher and SEND Leader. A strong understanding of Maths and or Science would be beneficial.
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 5% Co-op discount
- Employee wellbeing committee with a dedicated health and well-being day
- Co-operative credit union
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
- Bi-weekly team newsletter to keep you up to date with staff news
If you have a question or would like to arrange a visit to the school please contact Jessica Poulter or Mandy Carlton on 0113 2574115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 26th August, 10am
Interviews: W/c 2nd September
How to apply
To apply please complete the attached application form and email back to email@example.com or post to: FAO HR Co-op Academy Priesthorpe, Priesthorpe Lane, Pudsey, Leeds, LS28 5SG
For further information about Co-op Academy Priesthorpe please visit our website here: www.priesthorpe.coopacademies.co.uk or for further information about Co-op Academies Trust please visit the website here: www.coopacademies.co.uk