We’re looking for a HLTA (Maths) to join our team!
As a HLTA of Maths you will work alongside a committed team to provide crucial support to students who need close attention to help their learning. You will work under the direction and within an agreed system of supervision from a qualified teacher. You will also:
- Undertake specified timetabled teaching duties as agreed with the Faculty Leader
- Work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist teachers in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources.
- Encourage pupils to become independent learners, to provide support for their welfare, and to support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of academy life.
You must relate well to young people, collaborate effectively with other adults and work constructively as part of a team. You will need to be an enthusiastic team player with the ability to use initiative, work independently and stay organised. You will have good interpersonal skills, excellent IT skills and an ability to prioritise work to deadlines. You will have experience of leading lessons and planning academic interventions in a school setting.
This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to help shape and build on our vision and our ethos. This opportunity is for a talented and ambitious HLTA to make a valuable contribution to a strong Maths Department that secures good and continually improving outcomes.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic environment, where wellbeing for all is championed. We have a strong programme of bespoke CPD and believe in continual development. Co-op Academy Priesthorpe is a great place to be.
• Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
• Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 5% Co-op discount
• Employee wellbeing committee with a dedicated health and well-being day
• Co-operative credit union
• Health-care cash-back scheme
• Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket and rental deposit loans
• Bi-weekly team newsletter to keep you up to date with staff news
Closing date: Monday 4th November
Interviews: Tuesday 12th November
How to apply?
Please complete the application form attached below and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: FAO: HR – application, Co-op Academy Priesthorpe, Priesthorpe Lane, Pudsey, Leeds, LS28 5SG
If you need further information or would like to look around the school please contact Jessica Poulter or Mandy Carlton: 0113 2574115
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.