Supporting Parents with Remote Learning
Managing your wellbeing
Priesthorpe parents and carers can get parenting support and a space to discuss any concerns about their child from the Anna Freud Centre. This is a 45-minute session by phone or Teams with a trained practitioner, with a follow-up session if required.
To make an appointment please contact
Laura: email@example.com 07776 760 957
In a difficult living situation? Visit the Young Minds support page
Struggling with remote learning?
Remember that distance learning at home and learning at school won’t look the same — and that’s okay.
Lots of organic learning can happen in daily family life. This is a unique opportunity to prioritise home and family, all while supporting your students’ learning.
- Be realistic and kind to yourself
- Notice what’s on your mind
- Connect with other parents
- Create a routine and agree on your own rules
- Be honest and say sorry when you can
Being open with your children will boost their wellbeing and your own. Reach out for support if you need it. (More here)
Using an Xbox or PlayStation to access Google Classroom
- Identify the PlayStation internet browser icon (WWW with dots around it)
- Press the PlayStation logo on the controller.
- Go to the library and find options for games and applications.
- Go to applications and you will find the internet browser.
- Navigate to your online learning platform and log in as usual.
You will need a keyboard for this.
- Plug a keyboard into the Xbox USB slot.
- Go to my games and apps.
- Find and select Microsoft Edge.
- To access Google Classroom, type classroom.google.com into the URL bar at the top and log in as you would on a PC using your school account.
Both consoles have keyboard and mouse support. In some cases, you might not be able to do everything you can on a laptop or PC, but you can, at the very least, access Google Classroom and see what work your teacher has assigned for you to do.
Additional mobile data
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in need of additional mobile data to support your child’s online learning. You may be eligible for support through a Government scheme. We will then forward you a form to complete.