At the Co-op Academy Priesthorpe we aim to provide an engaging, inspiring and innovative curriculum that equips children and young people with the skills, knowledge, understanding and qualifications they need to make a success of their lives. We continually evaluate and adapt what we offer to ensure it provides high quality and varied opportunities for all.
Our curriculum is designed to ensure all of our children and young people:
- are successful regardless of age, gender, ability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or economic circumstances
- have high aspirations and know how they can achieve them
- know how to learn successfully, and keep themselves safe and healthy
- understand the rich heritage of co-operation and how it can be a force for good in society
- have had the opportunity to engage with employees and members of the Co-op to assist in their preparation for work and later education and employment choices in life
- are successful in entering the world of training, education or employment equipped with the necessary skills, knowledge, attitudes, confidence and self-esteem to succeed as active members of society
We have a three year Key Stage 4. This enables us to maintain breath in our curriculum, by offering 4 option choices to students, whilst also allowing enough time to fully cover the demanding content of the new specification GCSEs.
All students follow a programme of study, which includes:
- Maths • Physical education
- English • Religious studies
Separate sciences are delivered to all students from Year 9. The opportunity to take triple science is open to all. During YR10, assessments inform key decisions around who should progress into YR11 onto triple and who should consolidate learning and focus on securing the best possible grades on the Trilogy course.
In addition, students select 4 options from the following:
- History • Geography
- French • Spanish
- Business • Art
- Drama • Food
- Construction • Engineering
- Computing • Media
- Religious Education • Child Development
- Health & Social Care • Statistics and Further Maths
- Sociology • PE
- Sport Studies • Dance
All students must include either History or Geography as part of their choices. Individual meetings with staff support every student in identifying the best personal option courses which will support their career aspirations and offer them the most opportunities for success as individuals.
Download our full key stage 4 curriculum overview.
Key Stage 4 Curriculum Overview
Please click the link to view the Course Overviews for Year 9 students.
Please click the link to view the Course Overviews for Year 10 & Year 11 students.
For more information on our curriculum
Please call or email, Mrs Louise Pratt, Vice Principal.