What are Governors?
Governors volunteer their time to help ensure we are working at our best. They also provide expertise in their particular field.
Key roles include:
- Ensuring money is well spent
- Ensure the school’s strategic direction
- Support and ensure staff are helping children to achieve
Our Strategic Priorities are:
- Consistently improve student outcomes that are above national benchmarks for all groups in all subjects, which is underpinned by the highest quality teaching and learning.
- Achieve a level of financial discipline which realises a minimum 5% reserve whilst securing excellent student outcomes.
- Build innovative partnerships that provide outstanding experiences and support great outcomes for all students, extending our reach to Key Stage 2, higher education and the wider world of education and business, including our sponsor.
- Make Co-op Academy Priesthorpe the destination of choice in the local community – chosen by staff, students and parents for its rich curriculum and knowledgeable and experienced team.
- Develop our inclusive and positive culture with strong co-operative values which prepare students for life in their community and beyond.
- Digitally connect the whole school community, helping our students become global citizens, improving their employability and making us more efficient.
- Nurture the physical and emotional well being of staff and students.
Our Current Governors
See our governors and a little about them, on our Local Governing Body page.
This page will follow shortly we are still in the process of adding content. Thank you for you patience.
Parents are also welcome to apply for a role as a Parent Governor. This exciting opportunity offers training and guidance to allow you to become an active member of our governing body and school community.