Vision and Values
To inspire all students to love learning and leave Co-op Academy Priesthorpe with exceptional outcomes, equipped and motivated to contribute fully to life within their own communities and beyond.
We always strive to:
- Work together as a community, committed to great teaching and learning, securing exceptional student outcomes as a result
- Develop resilient and aspirational students, who openly embrace challenges with enthusiasm
- Recognise that every child is an individual who has the potential to excel
- Foster values in students which lead to strong relationships, built on compassion, empathy and respect
- Embrace co-operative values, promoting life-long learning, cultural diversity and social justice across our community.
Our Trust is committed to the values shared by co-operatives everywhere:
- Self-help – helping ourselves to improve and make a positive contribution
- Self-responsibility – taking responsibility for and answering to our actions
- Democracy – having a say in how we run our academy
- Equality – ensuring everyone’s voice can be heard
- Equity – being fair and unbiased so that everyone has an equal chance
- Solidarity – sharing interests and a common purpose
We demonstrate our ethical values in everything we do:
- Openness – we believe in being open with colleagues in our schools and beyond, children and their families, sharing information and ideas to raise standards and life chances
- Honesty – we act in a professional and respectful manner in our dealings with everyone
- Social responsibility – we maximise our impact on the people in our communities while minimising our footprint on the world
- Caring for Others – we treat everyone as we wish to be treated ourselves, understanding that children only have one childhood
We live the ‘Ways of Being Co-op’.
- Succeed together – Co-operating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.